Saturday 13 August 2011

Humdrum Days

Well, I have got a few irons in the fire, hopefully start a new job soon, and still have my soul intact.  I haven't settled with ex-employers who tried to whore me out to Ingeus.  Developments are moving along nicely there though. 

I met a current Work Program candidate at a local Initiative Centre.  He has to apply for EIGHT jobs every week now, as well as having to travel by bus to a neighbouring town (8 miles away) for his Work Program sessions.  The Adviser at Ingeus told my friend that she has to place three people in work every week to hit her target. Sounds stressful.  I feel vindicated in walking out.  Being unemployed is stressful but it won't kill me or tarnish my soul.

Meanwhile, the Tory's policies are coming to fruition in our cities..........

Maybe when Thatcher dies, all her evil works will disappear like Sauron's in the Lord of the Rings.  The recent riots are the start of something bigger I reckon, there's lots of protests coming up and with current policing tactics you can bet there will be trouble. The Poll Tax riots may have upset a lot of people, but reforms came in soon after, so look for good as well as bad.

I just watched 'Capitalism - A Love Story' by Michael Moore, it took my breath away, it made me shout at the screen, then it filled me with hope. Watch it soon and tell your friends to watch it.  It's about why we need a revolution soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment